August Update From Your Trustees
There is a lot of activity going on around the Grove properties, some that you see and some that you do not. Your Trustees want to keep you informed of this work, so that you can enjoy and appreciate the results!
1) The parking lot – the first phase of repaving the parking lot is completed. You can see the area that it covers, from the main entrance to the line from the first exit (which is now a smooth exit!). Line painting has been completed as well.
2) The 2nd floor Stucco replacement on the back of the main building – this was cracking and flaking and absorbing water and needed to be repaired. After looking at potential repair vendors, the Trustees selected one who would repair it such that it would not need to be repaired again for a long time. The stucco replacement was completed, but in the process, it was discovered that about 4 ft. of the roofing along this repair is leaking significantly and needs to be fixed so as to not let future rain ruin the new stucco. Bids are underway, and this is a key focus for the Trustee team to get completed as quickly as possible.
3) The key fob security system is going to be replaced with cards that will open the doors. The new security system offers a lot of features that will ensure that the buildings are open as needed, but protected while the pre-school is in session. Look for more to come on this if you are a key fob holder.
4) We are looking into improving the lighting in the Sanctuary. Waiting for a proposal.
5) We have a young man who is working towards his Eagle Scout award and is going to start partnering with the Trustees to repair some of the storage that is used today in the garage behind the office. This is one of those things that most of you do not see, but know that his effort is much appreciated and will help us better store all of the materials so many of the groups at Grove need throughout the year.
6) The sale of the old office is underway based on the congregation vote to proceed with this. A few interested buyers approached the Trustees, but are not going to move forward. We are engaging a realtor who specializes in selling historical buildings and will soon list the property through them.
7) Ice, Ice, Ice – the old ice machine has over the past few weeks, been putting out very little ice and more water. It was not repairable, a new one has been purchased and the Trustees will be installing it shortly. There will also be a line run for filtered water to the pre-school area, which they are looking forward to very much.
8) Replacing our foyer television. That TV in the foyer quit functioning, then started back up for 3 days, then died again for good. It has been replaced.
9) Dehumidifier replacements. There are some old dehumidifiers in the basement, which need to be kept on continuously. A couple were found to be turned off, and when turning one back on, sparks flew from it. A replacement was made and communications that they need to stay on permanently was passed on to those using that area.
10) New Sextant Team formed. There is a new team of people who are willing to help with the continued repairs that are needed around Grove in other than the Trustees. This Sextant Team is starting up and will be guided with a list from the Trustees to work on as it fits into their schedules. What a blessing to all of us! If anyone is interested in joining them, send us an email!
If you read this far into this article, thank you. We have wonderful historical properties, and it takes a lot to keep them in good repair.
It is important that we provide the Grove community with Trustee updates, as it is all of our responsibility to make sure Grove is well maintained and to better understand what is involved in doing that.
If you have any questions or comments, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!!