Sunday School for All Ages
Sunday School classes for children, youth and adults are offered on Sunday mornings. The word of God is taught in a nurturing environment that is supportive and safe for all. Children’s classes are offered year round during the 9:30 AM worship service. Youth classes are offered at the 9:30 hour during the school year, and youth small groups occur during the week. Adult classes are offered on Sundays and during the week.
Grove Sunday School strives to:
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe place to learn about God.
- Enrich lives by fostering a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Use creative and interactive teaching techniques.
- Enable students to apply Bible lessons in everyday situations.
Sunday School Classes for Children:
- Preschool children meet in classes grouped by age
- Kindergarten through fifth grade students participate in Rotation Sunday School classes. Children start in the Sanctuary with their parents for worship until the Children’s Sermon and then are dismissed to Art, Cooking, Computers, Drama, Games or Videos.
Youth Sunday School Classes:
- Middle School – Room 208
- Senior High – Room 210
- In order to ensure the safety and well-being of all children and youth, all volunteers who work with our children and youth are required to submit a Child Abuse History check as well as a Criminal Background check.
Adult Sunday School Classes:
- Bible Study for Today’s World meets Sunday morning at 9:30 AM in room 204, offering studies on:
–Various books of the Bible
–Biblically based topical studies
–Topics like “Christians and money” or prayer which promote spiritual growth
- Special studies are offered on topics of interest. Past classes have included:–John the Baptist
–Birds, Beasts and Plants of the Bible
- Additional studies around seasons of the church year such as Advent and Lent are frequently taught on Sunday morning at 9:30 AM and at 11:00 AM in room 204.
- All adults are welcome to attend at any time; it is not necessary to be signed up for any study
- The Adult Forum Sunday School class meets at 11:00 AM (excluding mid-December through February and the summer months), in the Zuschnitt Lounge (Upstairs first door on right) . Classes run for 4 to 6 weeks on a topic, and take a break at times between topics. Topics are typically related to Christian perspectives on complex current issues. The planning team welcomes your ideas for topics, and especially for resource people that might be willing to share their knowledge and/or experiences and/or perspectives with this class. If you want to be on the mailing list to receive notices for upcoming classes, or have some suggestions for topics or resources, please send an email to AdultForum@grovechurch.org.