What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? James 2:14
Grove’s Mission Team is for those who would like to organize and participate in mission projects that reach beyond our local community to address national and international needs. Some projects are ongoing, and some are short term efforts. New ideas and projects are always welcome, as are new members of the team!
The people of Grove Church have been actively supporting many outreach organizations, including:
- Collection and assembly of kits for UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief). Seven different kits (Birthing, Layette, Sewing, Health, School, Bedding and Cleaning Buckets) are collected at a supply depot maintained by UMCOR and then sent out after a crisis to those in need, both nationally and internationally.
- Support for our Missionary, Alison Gilmore, in Ireland. We have a “Covenant Partnership” with Alison, to learn how God is working through her and her ministry to serve those in need at East Belfast Mission in Northern Ireland and to share how Grove is serving the community locally and worldwide. This partnership is church-wide and includes our Sunday School and Youth Programs.
- Henderson Settlement and Red Bird Mission, providing Christian based support for the underserved in poverty-stricken areas. Grove Church provides monetary support and spiritual prayer for these projects in rural Appalachia.
- Support for Imagine No Malaria, which provides mosquito nets for Africa and funds research to end the threat of malaria.
- Assembly of boxes for Operation Christmas Child, which collects and distributes shoeboxes filled with gifts for children suffering in poverty around the world.
- Stop Hunger Now, a yearly event at Grove where we package meals (dried food packets) to be distributed to hungry people around the world. In 2014, 22,500 meals were packaged in a few hours, with over 100 helpers of all ages working together to scoop, weigh and seal. Twice yearly fundraising efforts to support Stop Hunger Now with chocolate covered Oreos for Valentine’s Day and Oreo Truffles for Easter, assembled and packaged by willing hands of our church family.
- Mission trips for adults, such as the trip in January 2014 to Crisfield, MD to rebuild after Hurricane Sandy and the trip in July 2014 to Alaska to help rebuild after flooding.
For more information about the Missions team, contact Missions@GroveChurch.org